Quarterly data on gross outstanding debt of the Commonwealth (central) government - published in accordance with the IMF's Special Data Dissemination Standards
Table 1: Principal Contractual Obligations at 30 September 2011 of the Commonwealth, State and Northern Territory Governments on Australian Dollar Denominated Debt (a) (b)
- Repayments of principal amounts.
- Treasury indexed bonds valued using Kt factors.
- Tax Free Stock for the States.
Table 2: Principal Contractual Obligations at 30 September 2011 of the Commonwealth and State Governments on Foreign Currency Denominated Debt (a) (b)
- Repayments of principal amounts. All obligations in the table are of the Commonwealth with the exception of £ 414 239 which is on issue on behalf of South Australia and matures at the South Australian Treasurer's option and £ 1 950 overdue stock on issue for NSW.
- The Australian dollar equivalent of foreign currency debt obligations has been calculated at the following rates of exchange to the Australian dollar as at 30 September 2011:
Sterling 0.6269 United States Dollar 0.9781 European Euro 0.7213 Swiss Franc 0.8791 Japanese Yen 74.88