Data Systems Analyst
Position Title: Data Systems Analyst
Tenure: Ongoing, Full-time
Salary: $99,370 to $124,213 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
($114K to $143K package)
Contact Officer: Patrick Boland on (02) 6263 1143
Applications Close: 5:00 pm Monday 6 June 2022
Reports To: Project Manager, Business and Data Systems
Security Level: Baseline
A certification (post graduate or vocational) in database administration or similar. Alternatively, a degree qualification in database systems, information science, computer science, or a related field.
Experience in a data or an IT-related field with a component spent in administering or managing databases. Exposure to data warehouse management and data governance is expected.
- SQL and R skills would be well-regarded.
- Experience in supporting end users is desirable.
Business and Data Systems (BuDS) looks after the provision and maintenance of the ICT network, interfaces, and related applications. Unit staff advise other units on business systems employed within AOFM and they are the owner of the AOFM’s treasury management system and SQL data warehouse. The team explores new applications and environments such as cloud. BuDS is responsible for the data governance framework and related information security.
The primary role of the Data Systems Analyst is to support the operations of the AOFM through improving data management and accessibility. It is expected that the incumbent will implement improvements to the AOFM’s structured database repositories. It also includes contributing expertise to the data strategy and data governance framework.
The Data Systems Analyst will assist the AOFM to manage changes to ICT – for example, this may involve migration to cloud‑based technologies. The Data Systems Analyst will be called upon to support users to make the most of business applications.
To be successful in this role, incumbents will need to develop an understanding of AOFM’s core business processes. In particular, this will involve coming to grips with the data and system requirements related to managing a portfolio of financial instruments.
The work of the Data Systems Analyst will vary depending on group priorities and project deliverables. It is expected that key activities may include:
- Identify and implement solutions to improve existing data systems and processes to support business needs, such as –
- Develop solutions to streamline data entry in AOFM's business systems and SQL data warehouse
- Optimise the structure of the AOFM’s SQL data warehouse
- Develop queries and reports for other business units
- Re-develop AOFM’s business systems to increase the level of automated data capture and storage.
- Research new techniques, software and products that could improve AOFM's data-related functions.
- Troubleshoot problems related to data systems.
- Support users to extract data.
- Assist the AOFM to plan for, and take advantage of, the benefits of migrating to cloud‑based technologies over its ICT network.
- Assist in the maintenance of the ICT network, related applications, and interface through AOFM’s ICT service provider.
- Provide the first line of technical support for key business applications.
- Contribute expertise to assist in the development of the AOFM’s data strategy and data governance framework.
- Other duties as directed.
Behavioural attributes are used to assess how you accomplish your outputs. In achieving results, graduates will show excellence in:
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Judgment and Problem Solving
- Leadership and Initiative
- Output Management
- Relationship Management
- Self Development
- Developing Others
When drafting your claims against the following criteria, please note that examples that more closely relate to the AOFM group(s) that most interest you will be more effective in supporting your claims.
1. Ability to work with financial information to support decision making.
2. Ability to work in a small team to achieve work goals.
3. Ability to manage competing demands to produce quality and timely outputs.
4. Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
5. Quality of educational and professional qualifications relevant to the position.
Submit your application
Please email your application to email@example.com containing:
- Your resume
- Your statement of claims against the Selection Criteria
Applications close: 5:00 pm Monday 6 June 2022