Position Title: Graduate Accountant
Tenure: Ongoing, Full-time
Salary: $81,302 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
Contact Officer: Tim Reddan on 02 6263 1177
Closing Date: 5:00 pm Monday 15 November 2021
Reports To: Deputy Chief Finance Officer
Direct Reports: Nil
Security Level: Baseline
Degree qualification in accounting, business, commerce, or a related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution. Postgraduate qualifications would be highly regarded.
Experience in developing or using spreadsheets, databases or other financial management tools is desirable.
The AOFM is committed to excellence in sovereign financial management and recruitment of high-quality graduates is necessary to support this commitment. Graduate recruits support the ongoing renewal of the AOFM. Whilst working in the AOFM business, graduates will participate in an eighteen-month tailored development program that will include on-the-job and structured training along with networking opportunities. Formal performance assessment each six months provides opportunities for pay progression. Graduates will integrate into AOFM business at the end of the development program.
The successful applicant(s) will work in the Finance and Settlements group. Applications from people with studies in accounting, business or commerce are encouraged.
Graduates may determine their work priorities subject to guidance by their manager and monitor workflow in their areas of responsibility.
Graduates perform tasks relevant to the assigned work group. Tasks will vary depending on work group but may include:
- execution of financial transactions for debt and investment management
- working with a data warehouse including systems testing, report design and production
- preparation of research or policy papers involving the evaluation of technical information for presentation to senior executives
- producing financial statements and reports
- assessing financial and operational risk
- review of portfolio performance
- work system improvements
Behavioural attributes are used to assess how you accomplish your outputs. In achieving results, graduates will show excellence in:
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Judgment and Problem Solving
- Leadership and Initiative
- Output Management
- Relationship Management
- Developing Others
How to Apply
It is in your interest to assess your knowledge, skills and experience against the criteria below. The selection panel will assess your ability to meet these criteria along with the core Behavioural Attributes listed in the Position Description. Should referees be contacted, they will also use these criteria when reporting on your suitability for this position.
Note: This is a security assessed position.
1. Ability to work with financial information to support decision making.
2. Ability to work in a small team to achieve work goals.
3. Ability to manage competing demands to produce quality and timely outputs.
4. Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
5. Quality of educational and professional qualifications relevant to the position.
Submit your application
Please email your application to email@example.com containing:
- Your resume
- Your academic transcript
- Your statement of claims against the Selection Criteria
Applications close: Monday, 15 November 2021 at 5:00pm AEDT.