Manager - Risk
Position Title: Manager - Risk
Tenure: Temporary (non-ongoing until end July 2022), Full-time
Salary: $132,573 to $165,716 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
Location: Canberra, ACT
Contact Officer: Erin Martin on (02) 6263 1174
Closing Date: 5:00pm Thursday 28 October 2021
Reports To: Chief Risk and Assurance Officer
Direct Reports: One or more analysts
Security Level: Baseline
Qualifications: Degree qualification in risk management, finance, commerce, or a related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
Experience: Experience in the fields of corporate strategy, governance, or risk management. Exposure to Australian capital markets would be well regarded.
- Working knowledge of the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy and framework.
- A high degree of initiative, judgement, and discretion.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Baseline security clearance prior to commencing employment with the AOFM. Applicants must be Australian Citizens.
The Enterprise Risk and Assurance (ERA) Group is responsible for maintaining frameworks and programmes that encourage AOFM’s officials to proactively identify and manage their obligations, risks (threats and opportunities) and controls. These frameworks include assurance, business continuity, enterprise risk management, fraud control, and resource management. Our aim is to work as a strategic partner with business units to achieve an optimal outcome for the AOFM in these areas.
The Manager – Risk is responsible for maintaining the AOFM’s enterprise risk management and business resiliency frameworks, systems and tools in line with business requirements and better practice. This includes integration with related risk frameworks (such as the financial risk framework, fraud control framework, privacy framework and protective security framework). The role provides strategic support to the Executive Group on the management of entity resources within risk appetite. The Manager – Risk will enable the AOFM to demonstrate and maintain an appropriate level of risk maturity.
The Risk Manager is required to draw on experience and knowledge of international and Commonwealth risk management frameworks and standards, as well as those deployed in financial markets, to help support delivery of fit-for-purpose frameworks.
The role is also responsible for coordinating the ERA Group’s input to the AOFM’s corporate planning processes.
Key activities undertaken by the Manager – Risk will vary depending on operational requirements but are expected to include:
- maintaining and enhancing the AOFM’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and supporting systems;
- maintaining and enhancing the AOFM’s Business Resiliency framework, including the Business Continuity Plan, business impact analysis, and related testing;
- supporting the Executive Group and AOFM staff to make risk-informed decisions, mindful of the AOFM’s appetite for risk;
- providing leadership, guidance, advice and targeted training to AOFM staff to enhance their understanding of their responsibilities and build their risk management capabilities;
- supporting the implementation of the governance and assurance frameworks, including providing guidance on risk management and control practices;
- supporting the Executive Group and AOFM staff in corporate planning and business planning activities;
- maintaining currency with relevant AOFM or other government legislative or reporting requirements, Australian and international standards and better practice models related to risk management and risk governance;
- preparing a range of written materials and presenting on their contents (e.g. reports, briefings and presentations for the CEO, Executive Group, Audit Committee, and Minister); and
- other tasks as directed.
The following behavioural attributes apply:
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Judgment and Problem Solving
- Leadership and Initiative
- Output Management
- Relationship Management
- Self Development
- Developing Others
How to Apply
It is in your interest to assess your knowledge, skills and experience against the criteria below. The selection panel will assess your ability to meet these criteria along with the core Behavioural Attributes listed in the Position Description. Should referees be contacted, they will also use these criteria when reporting on your suitability for this position.
Note: This is a security assessed position.
1. Knowledge of corporate processes, accounts processing and human resource administration.
2. Ability to work in a team and manage relationships with a service orientation.
3. Ability to manage own performance in the context of work priorities and deadlines.
4. Ability to plan and organise for results.
Submit your application
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- Your resume
- Your statement of claims against the Selection Criteria
Applications close: Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 5:00pm AEDT.