Please note the following with respect to your privacy when you use this website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Contacting the AOFM by email *
The AOFM will only record your email address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list. We will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
Email subscription lists *
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of the AOFM; and
- measure email performance.
MailChimp may transfer this information to third parties who process this information on MailChimp’s behalf, or where otherwise required to do so by law. MailChimp collects information about:
- when you visit the website;
- when you use the services;
- your browser type and version;
- your operating system; and
- other similar information.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and is subject to the laws of the USA. The information collected about your use of the AOFM website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
By subscribing to our emails, you will be taken to have consented to your personal information being used as described above. This means:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a Mailchimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- As you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information to MailChimp, Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988, but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
- You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email, or contact us.
Online Forms *
As part of the Government Online Strategy, the AOFM now provides clients with the option of completing some forms online. The AOFM records the information requested on the online forms in a database. The information will only be used for the purpose for which it was requested and will not be distributed further, or disclosed, without your consent.
User Feedback *
We seek feedback from our users in order to improve the service offered by the site. Answering feedback questions is voluntary and does not in any way affect your access to AOFM websites.
* Note Our agency recognises that there can be risks associated with the transmission of information over the internet.
When individuals only browse the website and do not submit information in one of the forms outlined above, we do not collect their personal information.
When an individual browses our website, we collect clickstream data in our http logs. These logs are used internally to better develop the site and report on site activity. They are not used for any other purpose. When you visit our website, we make a record of the individual’s visit and log (in server logs) the following information:
- the individual’s server address
- the individual’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org, .au, etc)
- the date and time of visit to the site
- the pages the individual accessed and documents downloaded.
No attempt is made to identify you through your browsing other than in exceptional circumstances, such as an investigation into the improper use of the website.
The AOFM’s Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) register has been prepared in accordance with section 15(1) of the Privacy (Australian Government Agencies – Governance) APP Code 2017. The PIA register below sets out the PIAs the AOFM has completed since 1 July 2018. This register will be updated as PIAs are completed.
|PIA Reference||Title of PIA||Completed|