Vision and Purpose
Excellence in sovereign financial management.
To meet the Australian Government's debt financing needs and, as directed, domestic lending market policy objectives.
- Meet the government's annual financing task while managing the trade-offs between costs and risks.
- Ensure the government can always meet its cash outlay requirements.
- Conduct market facing activities in a manner that supports a well-functioning Australian Government Securities (AGS) market.
- Meet the priorities of the Australian Business Securitisation Fund (ABSF) and Structured Finance Support Fund (SFSF).
The AOFM's values set the foundation for all actions and behaviours. These values are as follows:
- Integrity - we are professional, respectful, transparent, and impartial.
- Results focused - we demonstrate a thorough understanding of our responsibilities, take pride in our work and are accountable for our decisions.
- Responsiveness - we consult meaningfully, and demonstrate initiative, collaboration, and agility.
- Excellence - we focus on achieving outstanding results and building capability through cultivating and empowering talent.
- Clarity - we communicate in a straightforward and timely manner.